Why should we hire you is the most important question in the job interview. To answer this question, include your skills, qualification, knowledge, and ability to match the job description of a vacant post. If you satisfy the hiring manager with your answer, then there is a high chance for your selection. So prepare the answer to the question of why should we hire you properly. Prove yourself to them and make them feel that you are the best and well fitted for the vacant post.
A job interview is a great platform that gives you a chance to prove your uniqueness among candidates sitting outside. Don’t waste your time and practice the most common interview possible questions which are listed below:
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why do we need to select you?
The above are the fundamental and common interview questions that are frequently asked by the interviewer. We should hire you a tricky and challenging question for all candidates who are invited for a job interview. Not only is fresher, but everyone feels it is the most straightforward question and ends up giving a silly answer. Everyone prepare this question answer carelessly without understanding what the hiring manager wants from this question. Let’s have a look what the goal of the hiring manager why asking this question.
- To know your attitude toward the job
- To know your skills, qualification, ability, knowledge
- “” match your skill with a job description
- To know your uniqueness which makes the interviewer hire you instead of 100 candidates waiting outside for the interview
Why should we hire you
Many job interview questions are similar to the question of why we should hire you. And they also have the same motive of finding the right candidates for the vacant position. The following are some of the questions that are associated with the question of why we should hire you:
- Why do you consider you a prosperous candidate for this position?” Why do you see yourself as a qualified candidate for this position?
When we heard about the job interview, we start to have a Goosebumps. But everyone has to face it whenever we are searching for the job. The job interview has become more challenging for the fresher rather than the experiences one. Meanwhile, fresher is just enter into their profession and has not faced the job interview before. They have fear and have no idea about the types of questions the hiring manager asked them. But fresher have to understand the importance of the job interview.
What to say in an interview when asked why I should hire you?
Why should we hire you is asked to know about your skills, qualification, and your extraordinary ability which benefits the organization. There are two things to be considered while answering any type of job interview question. If you understand the question and its purposes, you will be able to properly answer the job interview question. Another thing to be considered while answering the job interview question is preparation. Only understanding the question will not give you fruitful results as you also need to prepare it beforehand. To give a reasonable and good answer to the question, why should we hire your candidate need to follow some steps. The steps are explained below:
Step 1: Examine the job description and job posting
- First, go through the job description and their requirements for the vacant post.
- Find out what types of skills, experiences, education, and quality the hiring manager searching for in an ideal candidate
- Highlight the most significant qualification for this position being in the hiring manager’s shoes.
- Study your own skills, experiences, and qualities which match the job description of the vacant post.
- Identify your accomplishment that you have achieved which will be fruitful for the organization
- Try to figure out your unique and creative quality, which makes you extraordinary from the remaining candidate.
Step 2: Research about the organization
- Research the organization, which makes you familiar with the company culture and can easily respond to their question.
- Spend some extra time on the website of the organization
- Rule out the mission and goal of the organization
- You should connect your value and goal with the company’s goal
- You need to clearly explain how you can contribute to accomplishing the organization goals
Step 3: Explain your skills and qualification that match the job description
- This step is very crucial and helps to impress the hiring manager with your skills and qualification
- Make a list of your skills, qualification, quality, and experiences that match the position’s requirement of the position
- After listing, explain each of your skills, experience, attributes, and qualifications, making you an eligible candidate for vacant posts.
Step 4: Quantify and prove your achievement
- It helps to provide extra support and impression to make you a qualified candidate for the post
- Try to include some accomplishments which have benefited the company with positive and effective outcomes.
- Make a clear explanation of how your achievement helps the organization to grow.
Step 5: Extra quality and skill
- This step has a greater impact on the hiring manager’s decision as it makes you different and unique from other
- Assess your relevant skills, experience, and ability which may go above and beyond from the other applicant
- Candidate should include the skills and experiences like previous career experiences, job shadowing, volunteer work while answering the question
The relevant and extraordinary qualities of the candidate should be beneficial to the job you’re applying for.
- For example, the best possible answer to the question “why should we hire you” will be useful for all professions
I am a new fresher, and I have theoretical knowledge. But I don’t have any practical experiences and job experience in my career history. I will contribute my skills and practical experiences for good progress and growth of an organization. I will give me all effort and do hard work if I get an opportunity to work in the organization. Also, I can creatively use my skills and qualification to deliver the best as per the company’s expectation. I can do my work sincerely and punctually at the given time to fulfil the goals of the organization.
As per the reference to my education and practical experience, I satisfy the entire requirement and role for this vacant position. I promise I will take all the challenges as an opportunity to learn and will never let you down in any way.
Why should we hire you Example for Fresher Technical Support Engineer
Why should we hire you is a common question asked to the technical support engineer to know their quality and skills. Technical support engineer is the professions responsible for diagnosing the software-hardware problem and helps the customer with installing application and programs. Technical support engineer should include their technical skills and educational experiences required for the post of a technical support engineer. Explain why you are valuable assets to the organization. Candidate needs to explain their career achievement, which must be useful for the organization. Make them believe that your skills, hard work and educational experiences are worthy for the growth and development of the organization.
Answer: I am a fresher, and I have theoretical and practical knowledge in the technical field. As a technical support engineer, with practical experience in higher education, I can diagnose technical problems with an effective solution. I am effective communicator, skilled in communicating with the customer about a technical issue through email, phone, and chat until I solved it. I am a flexible candidate regarding the working hour and teamwork. In 5 years of educational experience in the technical field, I can develop my technical skills and soft skills. I also have internship experience in telecommunication organization which helps to gain my knowledge in computer application, technical support and networking.
Why should we hire you Example for Fresher Software Developer
Why should we hire you is a question which aims to know your skills, qualification and experiences fit for software developer post. A software developer is the professions responsible for researching, developing, design, implement, manage software program and test and evaluate the new program. To answer this question, the software developer should include their software developing skills and educational experience. Add the relevant, required skill and your achievement which satisfy the need of the organization for the software development post. Explain your capability to use your skills in a creative way which helps in the better outcomes. Satisfy them with your answer by understanding their needs and requirement for the software developer post. Try to give an example that makes you different from the other usual candidate who needs the software developer job.
However, I can make a great contribution if I got this job. I have completed my bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, which makes me confident in designing, implementing and managing the software programs. I gain my practical experiences from higher education that enable me to design, testing and evaluating new software programs. And I can also be able to identify a program that needs modification and develop the software. I get a lot of experience during my internship at a software company while in college. And I also successfully designed the new software program during my internship, which benefited the software organization. I also have good communication skills which help in coordinating with the other developers.
Click here: Sample answer of why should we hire you for fresher software developer
Why should we hire you Example for Fresher Mobile APP Developer
Why should we hire you is a question that gives chances to prove candidates eligibility and uniqueness for mobile app developer post. The mobile app developer is the professions who are engaged in creating, developing, testing and maintaining applications on mobile devices. To make a great impression while answering this question, a mobile app developer needs to understand the need of the organization. Moreover, the mobile app developer also needs to understand the organization’s expectation from the mobile app developer candidate. Explain your skills and educational experiences, which makes you an eligible candidate for the mobile app developer position. Give an example of the achievement you made during your internship and job shadowing, which will benefit the organization. Meanwhile, explain your skills which make you extraordinary from the remaining candidate.
Answer: As a fresher, I am waiting for the opportunity to improve my skills and experience. I am hoping to get a chance from this company to grow my skills and experience. As being a mobile app developer, I have learnt many programming languages skills, communication skills, analytical skills and so on. I get so many experiences from the job shadowing. I got experience in developing, creating, coding, testing, debugging and monitoring the mobile application. With the help of job shadowing, now I can interact with different department personnel regarding the new arrangement. During my internship, I got the chance to innovate a new mobile app which gave positive outcomes to the mobile app company. Meanwhile, team member appreciates my work.
Why should we hire you Example for Fresher Web designer
Answer: I am a fresher and newly graduated web designer. I have no clear job experiences in web designing. However, I have my practical and internship experiences with me, which makes me eligible for the web designing post. I had completed my bachelor degree in web design and also got the internship experiences. I have technical skills and soft skills like creativity, patience, attention, communication and analytical skill which make me quite confident. During my internship, I meet and discuss with the customer or client and improve and develop the programming languages. Meanwhile, I got appreciation from the team manager for my work. Furthermore, I also used my web designing skills in a creative way which makes me unique from other web designer applicant.